Friday, August 4, 2017

Epiphany: What I See Before Me



Epiphany


I intended a peregrine--it arrived at Godspeed.
There had been a dearth of peregrines
you see.
I longed for eagles
and after many years, they returned to us
in abundance,
dancing on air streams,
courting in spirals,
nesting in suburbia.

After a dry season
our mountain ash bows with orange fruit
whereupon flocks of eager waxwings
gorge on orange  berries this cold winter day.

I intended for the Holy Spirit to descend
in this season of Epiphany
and its fire entered me and surrounded me
as a haze around Saturn in
evening sky just above the horizon line.
It glowed unearthly bright that night.

 
On Epiphany, my wishes and intentions are
for peregrines, eagles, waxwings
and the little Holy Child to stay with me
as eagles  play in the air streams,
as trees burst with nurture
and brightness  forms our days.

From my Book, Sophia's Lost and Found: Poems of  Above and Below



No comments:

Post a Comment